Cleaning a washing machine is as important as cleaning cloths. This is especially true with front load washing machine. When you keep using washing machines regularly, a buildup of dirt, detergent residue, minerals and mildew starts inside your machine. And when you add dirty laundry to this machine, your clothes come out less clean. Hence, you need to keep your washing machine clean. This can be done in a few steps. In this article, we have listed these steps so that you can keep your washing machines clean and safe to use.
10 Quick Steps to Clean Front Load Washing Machine
- Most of the washing machines have the “tub clean” or “clean cycle” option. If you don’t have this option, you can select the largest load and hottest mode selection. You need to make sure that the drum of your washer is empty before doing this.
- After this, pour 2 cups of vinegar to detergent tray if you have one. This will help you with the odour and mildew deposits. Start the washing machine on the mentioned modes, and let it complete a full cycle along with rinse option.
- Once this cycle is done, go through the same procedure once again. This time, instead of using vinegar, use 2 cups of bleach. Add this to a detergent tray and start the cycle once more for complete wash and rinse. This helps to remove the stains and any germs that are left after the initial wash.
- Check if all the stains are removed thoroughly. After this, to remove any remaining residue, go through the cycle once more, this time with fresh water. Do not add anything to the water. This completes the cycle by washing and rinsing inside precisely.
- Once this is done, the removable parts need to be washed separately. Removable parts like bleach dispenser, fabric softener dispenser, need to be removed from the machine. If you have any other removable trays, just remove them.
- Now, add warm water to a clean bucket. To this, add some drops of dish soap. Add your removable trays and dispensers to this bucket. Let them soak in this bucket for some time.
- After soaking, just clean each of them with a clean sponge. Let them dry properly and then you can replace these items in the machine again.
- After cleaning this interior you will be left with the machine’s exterior. It is important to take care of this exterior too
- For cleaning the door seal and exterior, take a bucket with warm water and 1 cup of liquid chlorine bleach. Soak a clean cloth in this solution and start wiping your seal with this solution. Once cleaning with the bleach is done, go ahead and wipe down the extra moisture with a clean dry cloth.
- The exterior can be cleaned with an all-purpose solution or a damp cloth. Just wipe down your machine exterior and again clean it with a dry cloth.
With these steps, you can maintain your washing machine as a brand new one. Cleaning the washing machine is important and should be done at least once a month to keep it hygienic and new.