Cooling racks are the best companion of a baker. It puts your every effort together to give a final touch to your recipe. Neglecting the use of cooling racks won’t give you that delicious taste as you wish. Imagine baking a cookie and leaving it halfway. The same happens if you do not use a cooling rack after taking them out of the oven. This article is exclusive for all the new bakers and bakers to be who are interested in knowing more about the cooling racks. We understand your concern.
It is a wise decision to be informed about the item you are going to buy. Let us look at a few considerable points about a cooling rack that everyone must know:
- What are cooling racks?
A cooling rack is a rectangular mesh of metallic/ plastic wires. It helps in cooling down of the bakery items such as cookies, muffins, and cakes. The even air circulation from the baked items helps in making them more delicious and crispy. To know more about the advantages of cooling racks, read the article till the last point.
- Why do you need a cooling rack?
- Bringing crisp to your food: A right cooling rack allows the crystallization of sugar present on the cookies. The crispiness of the cookies is the result of proper air circulation that helps in giving the final touch to the baked items. Who does not like to consume a cookie filled with crisp and delicious sweetness?
- Preventing the mushy texture: The mushy texture of cookies is a result of leaving the cookies on the pan or plate. The wooden plates have a better tendency to retain moisture. Thus, it will condense the cookies even more to make them mushy. To prevent this, always use a cooling rack. It will help in vanishing away the moisture and retain the crisp in the baked items.
- To prevent overbaking: Overbaking of the bakery items often results in the burning of their bases. A cooling rack is the best idea for preventing this mishappening.
- What is the average cost?
Plastic cooling racks are the cheapest of all. However, the metal ones are the most widely used cooling racks. The average price is around $10 to $15. However, if you want to go for a non-stick rack, it will cost you around $20.
- Points that you should take care before purchasing:
- Check the material before buying. Ensure it is rust free and healthy.
- Check the grid size for placing the bakery items.
- Also, make sure to check the tiers.
- The cleaning and maintenance are an integral part.
- What are the other uses of a cooling rack?
We are mentioning some amazing uses of cooling racks apart from bakery uses:
- You can make a DIY hanger.
- Make a notice board out of it.
- Make it a fruit compress cutter.
We hope that you gathered enough information about the cooling racks. Go and select your favorite pieces now! Thanks for reading!